Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Washing Baby Dolls

Margaret loooooves playing in water. She also loves taking care of her babies. So I went online and purchased the cheapest water-safe baby I could find (not a fan of the cartoony-type dolls like this, but it was $10 cheaper than the more realistic ones) and let Baby play in the mud while Margaret napped.



Then I filled a dish pan with water, offered a washcloth, and Meg got to work.



She took her job very seriously, making sure every inch of that baby was mud-free.









Once she was all clean, it was time for snuggles...



Then back into the dirt patch again.



"Eew, dirty!"


Baby also got to try out a few of Meg's toys.







Photobucket

4 comments:

Mel said...

My 3 year old would love to do this! She has a couple dolls she brings to the tub with her but this looks like much more fun!! thanks for the inspiration!

Laura Ingalls wannabe said...

It really is such a fun activity for this age. My daughter couldn't believe I was intentionally muddying her toys!

Hope your daughter enjoys it just as much!

Kierna C said...

Love this, bathing the dolls in the water tray is always a popular activity with my class but have never thought of getting the baby dirty in the mud first! Thanks so much for adding this to outdoor play linkup.

Unknown said...

What a fun toddler activity! Thank you for linking up to The Outdoor Play Party, and I hope you come back again tomorrow!