Monday, March 15, 2010

First Birthday Party Favors



I got a custom order a couple of weeks ago for 15 4" blocks. The creative mom who placed the order wanted them for goody bags for her son's first birthday. What a cool idea, huh?

They're embroidered with the birthday boy's name on one side, the guest's name on another, and a stamped "1" for the occasion. Since the birthday is on March 17th, she ordered them in a St. Patrick's day theme. I used two different shamrock fabrics and coordinating colors.



Unfortunately, I had a surgery scheduled for right before the (already tight) deadline. Fortunately, my mom helped me out with stitching the blocks closed after they were sewn and stuffed, and they made it out in time.

Bonus, I learned how to use my grandma's embroidery machine!

No comments: