Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Magnetic Pom Pom Balls

My girl loves pom pom balls. She sorts them, pretends to cook with them, crafts with them, and stuffs all her purses full of them "just in case." I'm forever picking up packets of pom pom balls from Dollar Tree and Target's Dollar Spot to supplement her addiction.



For some busy box fun, I made a magnetic pom pom ball activity. I just hot glued a magnet to the back of each ball and provided a Dollar Tree cookie sheet to play on.

On the heavier Target balls, I used store-bought button magnets.


For the lighter dollar store balls, I cut up promotional ad magnets (you know, the kind people leave on your door or that come on your phone book) into squares and glued them on.


Margaret loves using these to make rainbows and stripes and other patterns.

Photobucket


Other activities in the series:
Erasers and Suction Cups Activity
Paint Chip Matching Game
Uppercase and Lowercase Matching Eggs
Animal Matching Game
Pool Noodle Art
Button Snake Toy
Memory Matching Toy
Ribbons in a Bottle Toy
Clothespin Clipping Toy
Pom Pom Push Toy
Pipe Cleaner Poking Toy
Fun Boxes

4 comments:

Ms. Barbara said...

What a great idea!!! At our preschool, they recently painted the outside of our door. I'm always posting announcements on the door, but have been told that I can't put any tape on the freshly painted door, that I have to use magnets or the blue painter's tape. I used to have a plexiglass frame with magnetic strips on it that I used, but it broke and I'm trying to come up with another solution. As I lay in bed last night I thought, I need to make some cute magnets. I just got some magnetic circles from Discount School Supply. Love the idea of affixing the pompoms to the magnet. Thanks!!! Ms. Barbara from For the Children

Jamie @ hands on : as we grow said...

Ah! I'm trying to find a way to contact you, but can't. I hate to leave a message to you in a comment, but as long as you get it :)

(I do absolutely love the pom pom magnet idea btw -- and the popsicle stick magnets too!)

Anyhow -- I want to invite you over to a blogging community for those that blog about kids at http://bloggingwithkids.com --- I hope you stop over to join!

Laura Ingalls wannabe said...

Thanks for the invite, Jamie. That community looks fab! (Might be time for me to add a contact button on the blog, eh?) ;)

Avielle said...

Great idea!!