Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Painting Miniature Pumpkins

When we were waiting for our tall painted pumpkins to dry the other day, Meg set her sights on a little white pumpkin we'd also picked up from the store. She told me it was Baby James' pumpkin, and she needed to paint it for him too.

I set up a palette of fluorescent tempera paint for her, and she used brushes to add some color to that blank pumpkin canvas.







Here it is nearly finished:



She went on to paint the bottom and add a layer of diamond dust to the whole pumpkin.




Photobucket

4 comments:

Becki said...

We are going to paint our pumpkins today! Thanks for sharing such a kid-friendly activity. I'm visiting from It's Playtime link-up.

Becki said...

..and I pinned it here: http://pinterest.com/organicbecki/halloween/

Anonymous said...

I'd not thought of painting a pumpkin before - a great idea.

Unknown said...

How fun! We used puffy paint and glitter on ours. I love the diamond dust. Thank you for linking to The Sunday Showcase.