Friday, October 26, 2012

Simple Autumn Collage Art

now coverI picked up some small foam leaves from Michael's last year on clearance after Halloween. The other night when the witching hour struck and I had James engaged with his autumn treasure basket, I pulled them out for Meg. I set her up with the leaves, white glue with a tap and glue cap (I love this gadget!), plain paper, and autumn-colored crayons. She didn't have any instructions, and she didn't need them, because she went right to work.





I couldn't resist giving it a try when she invited me over.



She's been playing with these materials for a week now, and autumn trees and leaf collages now cover our fridge and front door. Open-ended, festive, simple art. Just the sort we like.


Photobucket

2 comments:

Ang Paris said...

hi! i'm stopping by from the link and learn blog hop - love this idea - pinning it for later :)

The Iowa Farmer's Wife said...

Such a simple idea that turned out just perfect! Thanks for sharing at the Sunday Showcase!