Tuesday, April 27, 2010

What's in Your Lunchbox?

Jaymz tagged me for the "What's in Your Lunchbox" meme.

Now, being a homemaker, I don't actually pack my lunch up in a cute little box each day just to transfer it from the kitchen counter to the kitchen table. That would be cool, but also a little nuts. So once again, I'm not sitting at the cool kids' table. If I did pack my lunch up, I'd probably need two lunch boxes, though.

I looove lunch time. It's the only meal of the day I put any real work into (even then, I don't spend more than 10 minutes preparing it - I sure hate cooking). I like to sit at our kitchen table with the back door open and Margaret in her saucer. I watch the horses grazing in the pasture behind our house and linger as long as she'll let me.

On the menu today, cucumber sandwiches on whole wheat rolls (because I had some left over from burgers the other night), salad with a bunch of leftover ingredients from my fridge (blackeye peas, blue cheese, chopped almonds, granny smith apples, and pomegranate vinaigrette), and raspberry herbal iced tea.

Not pictured is the half a banana Margaret didn't finish from her lunch that I just couldn't toss.

My lunch looks basically like this every day. Occasionally I'll substitute 2 lettuce wraps for the cucumber sandwiches or tortellini and sun-dried tomatoes for the salad. Inexpensive, filling, fresh foods are my usual lunch fare.

I tag... whomever else would like to play.

No comments: